Our Thoughts on the Mackie PROFX12V2
The Mackie PROFX12V2 seems like a well-built and versatile mixer at first glance. But is it something that can meet your various live sound needs? See to it that you read this quick review from start to finish to know if you should buy the product or opt for something else.
Lots of knobs, sliders and jacks can be found on the interface of the Mackie PROFX12V2 — there’s practically no space that’s left unused! Needless to say, the unit is loaded with features that allow for customized and extensive live sound solutions for today’s various presentation needs. The following are its key features worth noting:
- Effects engine. The Mackie PROFX12V2 is equipped with the ReadyFX effects engine, which is specifically developed for high-quality audio processing. Other than generating rich and clear audio, the said effects engine is also always ready to be employed. Various effects are included and can be used on cue, ranging from warm lounge, small stage to cathedral.
- USB connectivity. Because there’s a USB port available, the unit guarantees hassle-free connection to all kinds of USB-enabled devices. USB connectivity allows for easy recording or music playback. To facilitate the entire process, the manufacturer has outfitted the Mackie PROFX12V2 with the Traktion recording software.
- Vita preamps. All kinds of problems tend to show up when live sound is involved. To keep the risk of encountering them in front of a crowd, the Mackie PROFX12V2 comes with Vita preamps. What they do to help keep presentations go as smoothly as possible is stabilize feedback and optimize bias current.
What We Like
One of the nicest things about the Mackie PROFX12V2 is that it offers a wide variety of features and solutions to make live sound a less intimidating experience for all parties involved. Some of the attributes of the unit that we really appreciate are the following:
- Live mixing toolkit. Various sections of the interface are dedicated to a bunch of live mixing toolkit sliders. Their presence serves as an assurance that you can always carry out the necessary tweaks to maintain solid live sound. With them, you can easily access anything from multiband graphic equalization to FX mute that can be activated by the foot.
- Graphic equalizer. The Mackie PROFX12V2 comes with a 7-band graphic equalizer that can be used for fine-tuning PA systems by having the channels assigned to the main outputs. You may also have it assigned to auxiliary outputs to deal with monitor feedback.
- Portable. What we really like about the Mackie PROFX12V2 is that it works as a professional mixer without having the size of one. It’s because of this why the product can be easily taken from point A to point B. However, do take note that the Mackie PROFX12V2 weighs close to 10 lbs.
Who is This Product Best Suited To
Definitely, the Mackie PROFX12V2 is ideal for anyone who is looking for a mixer with a generous amount of features. It’s capable of providing professional experience, courtesy of the various tools that the manufacturer has equipped this product with.
It’s also ideal for those who are always on the go. That’s because the Mackie PROFX12V2 is not as massive as most other professional mixers out there. Needless to say, it’s the perfect choice for anyone who needs to provide live sound at different venues.
What Customers are Saying
A lot of customers who launched their live sound careers just recently are completely satisfied with the Mackie PROFX12V2. They are happy not only with the way it performs, but also with how it is able to facilitate utilization of its various features. For instance, USB connectivity makes it easy to connect the unit to various components.
However, those who purchased the Mackie PROFX12V2 confirm that the product is far from being perfect. Some customers agree that noise can be heard at louder volumes. Also, there are those that complain about the tiny faders and other sliders, but they add that the manufacturer simply had to make compromises for the sake of portability.
The Bottom Line
Consider getting the Mackie PROFX12V2 if you want a mixer that can perform professionally and reliably, but without weighing you down each time you hop from one venue to the other.