Our Thoughts on the Propellerhead Reason 10
See to it that you keep on reading this quick review until you get to the very end. That’s because we will talk about practically everything that you need to know about Propellerhead Reason 10 without wasting a lot of your precious time — below you will come across only the most important matters about the software.
There is a reason why Propellerhead Reason 10 can win the hearts of professionals and newbies alike, and that’s the fact that it allows users to go as basic as possible or dive into more complex milieus in the world of making music. Here are some of the features that help to make that happen:
- Intuitive flow. Especially if you just stepped foot in making, editing and producing music, you may be intimidated by the interface of most digital audio workstations in the current market. To help keep that from happening to you, Propellerhead Reason 10 is designed to be as intuitive as can be. Such is made possible by its virtual rack that takes care of everything as you build your masterpieces.
- Sizable soundbank. In order to impress as a musician, there has to be sound. For as long as you’re using Propellerhead Reason 10, just about every sound you will need in order to get started is accessible, courtesy of its extensive soundbank. As if that’s not enough, the software has debuted additional synthesizers and instruments, too, which allows for coming up with never-before-heard sounds.
- Commissioned sound designers. The soundbank of Propellerhead Reason 10 can impress not only because it’s expansive, but because each of the included sounds is designed by top-notch producers. They include those that are responsible for some of the hits of the Black Eyed Peas, Death Cab for Cutie and many others.
What We Like
Being in the music industry and using digital audio workstation for some time now, we love that Propellerhead Reason 10 allowed us to unleash the professionals in us. These are what we really liked about the software:
- Various tools. Being constrained is one of the nightmares of musical artists. Well, we never had that feeling while giving Propellerhead Reason 10 a test drive. We love that we were given access to a wide variety of sound-editing tools, from equalizers to effects, necessary for making hits.
- Expandable. Yes, Propellerhead Reason 10 is extensive enough to get you started with your business no matter if you’re a seasoned record producer or a newbie DJ. However, the software can be expanded further with plug-ins such as Rack Extension and VST. Because of this, there is no need to count on different software types as your musical career or taste advances.
- User-friendly interface. Just because making chart-topping music is hard doesn’t necessarily mean that mixing and recording creations have to be equally difficult. What we really liked about Propellerhead Reason 10 is that it’s really easy to use. For the most part, we only had to drag and drop elements on the workspace while we were using it for the first time to create something.
Who is This Product Best Suited To
A quick look at the interface and list of features will reveal the fact that Propellerhead Reason 10 is designed primarily for professionals in the industry who have used various digital audio workstation solutions in the past and would like to try their hands on something that’s more reliable.
However, this doesn’t mean that beginners in the world of composing, editing and recording music should stay away from Propellerhead Reason 10. Truth be told, the software can keep them from having a nasty headache as it’s intuitive, thus allowing for trouble-free exploration and utilization of the product’s possibilities.
What Customers are Saying
According to a lot of people who purchased and used Propellerhead Reason 10, it’s one of the best digital audio workstation that they have come across. They love that the software is teeming with innovative features, helpful tools and cool sounds. Some of the customers have basic knowledge only when it comes to the use of music-making software, but they’re happy to realize that the Propellerhead Reason 10 is intuitive and user-friendly.
The Bottom Line
Both pros and newbies can benefit from Propellerhead Reason 10 because it’s packed with features. What’s more, it can be expanded with plug-ins so it can grow with the user’s expanding needs.