Our Thoughts on the Bose F1 Model 812
The Bose F1 Model 812 is a massive speaker that also features a couple of subwoofers. If you are thinking about getting your hands on it, keep on reading this quick review. Below we will talk about some of the product’s features and what customers think about it.
Because the F1 Model 812 is from Bose, which is a reputable maker of top-notch audio equipment, it can be expected to perform very well. Such is also due to the combination of various features. Here are some of those that can make the Bose F1 Model 812 a complete standout everywhere it’s taken:
- Loud performance. If there’s one thing about the F1 Model 812 that’s true, it’s none other than the fact that it is loud! Such is made possible by the 1,000-watt speaker that its tall body is outfitted with. The product is definitely great for use at large venues in front of a large audience.
- 100-degree angle coverage. Positioning the Bose F1 Model 812 correctly should be the least of its user’s concern. That’s because it is designed to provide audio horizontally at a 100-degree angle. Needless to say, the audience seated directly in front as well as to the side of the F1 Model 812 is likely to hear everything that is coming out of it.
- Various coverage patterns. As if having a 100-degree angle horizontal coverage is not enough, the F1 Model 812 by Bose is also capable of creating up to 4 different coverage patterns — C, J, reverse J and straight. What’s more, each time the coverage pattern is changed the speaker automatically adjusts the equalizer to make sure that the best audio balance can be enjoyed by the performer and audience, too.
What We Like
The Bose F1 Model 812 comes with generous amounts of technologies to make it sound great. Personally, here are the things about the product that we really like:
- Dismountable. Just because the Bose F1 Model 812 is a tall speaker doesn’t mean that it’s hard to take from one venue to the next. The fact is that the entire structure can be easily dismounted, thus allowing for easy transport of every single element. While dismounted, the stand can be attached to the subwoofers to ensure that they won’t get lost.
- Two input channels. To make sure that the F1 Model 812 can be utilized to the max, Bose has equipped it with a couple of input channels. This allows you to use the towering speaker with up to a pair of audio equipment at the same time. And by the way, each available input channel has its own volume control.
- Adapts to the room. Earlier, we mentioned that the Bose F1 Model 812 has the ability to create different coverage patterns — 4 all in all, to be exact. This is why the speaker can be used for a wide variety of purposes and also at an assortment of venue types.
Who is This Product Best Suited To
One look and it’s plain to see that the F1 Model 812 by Bose is geared towards professionals. Its size is incomparable to small counterparts that are good for casual use at small venues and crowds. The towering design, 100-degree angle horizontal coverage, and various coverage patterns make it clear that it’s for jam-packed situations.
While the Bose F1 Model 812 can be easily taken apart after the show is over for easy transport, it’s not really one of the most portable options available in the market today. Needless to say, it’s not suitable for those who need to get to their gig and be able to perform in a snap.
What Customers are Saying
There are a handful of things that customers love about the F1 Model 812. First is the appearance — every design element of the speaker screams professional. Second is the sound quality. Those who have already used the Bose F1 Model 812 are all praises for the loudness and clarity of the audio, and it’s courtesy of the 1,000-watt speakers plus subwoofers. However, not a lot of customers are fond of the heft of the product.
The Bottom Line
Clearly, the Bose F1 Model 812 is intended for professional use. It comes with enough features and technologies that allow for impressive audio quality and performance.