Our Thoughts on the JBL EON610
Currently, there are a plethora of wireless portable speakers in the market. One of them is the JBL EON610, which is from a manufacturer known to churn out reliable audio equipment. If you’re thinking about getting the product, make sure that you read this quick review of it from start to finish.
The logo found on the lower part of the EON610 is enough for it to grab attention — JBL is a trusted name. However, the features integrated into the product are the ones that make it worthy of the trust of consumers further. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why the JBL EON610 is a standout:
- Bluetooth connectivity. Leading the list of the EON610’s features is its Bluetooth technology. Such comes in handy for controlling the speaker’s various parameters, from the volume to the user presets. A dedicated app should be installed on Android and iOS phones for controlling the EON610 by JBL remotely.
- Compact and lightweight. Portability is one of the strongest suits of the JBL EON610. It’s not as heavy as most other portable speakers — the product weighs 26 pounds only. What’s more, it can easily fit in practically any available space as it measures 22 x 13 x 12 inches only. Yes, it may not be the lightest and smallest option around, but at least it can still be easily taken from one venue to the next.
- Waveguide technology. JBL has equipped the EON610 with Waveguide, which is a proprietary audio technology. Basically, it consists of a couple of massive drivers facing different directions. This allows sound to be heard loudly and clearly across the room, as it’s given off at a 160-degree angle.
What We Like
Definitely, we like that EON610 is from a manufacturer known all over the planet as one of the most reliable manufacturers of audio equipment. Other than that, here are some other things that we also like about it:
- Integrated handles. There is a handle on each side of the JBL EON610. Needless to say, it can be taken anywhere without any hitch. The presence of a pair of handles allows the product to be carried around by a couple of people. But since it weighs only 26 pounds, you are not going to have a hard time carrying the EON610 alone.
- User-definable equalizers. It’s obvious that the JBL EON610 is designed to suit an assortment of applications and venues, too. Such is evidenced by the presence of equalizers that can be programmed by the user. And by the way, the EON610 is equipped with not just any user-definable equalizer — it boasts of 5-way user-definable equalizers!
- Android- and iOS-compatible. Bluetooth technology allows the JBL EON610 to be used remotely. Thanks to an app that you may install on your smartphone, regardless if it’s Android or iOS, you can control various parameters of the speaker (master volume, equalizers, saving and activating presets, etc.) even without you standing right next to it.
Who is This Product Best Suited To
The JBL EON610 is recommended for those who need to provide the audio needs of a modest-sized room or venue. It is capable of delivering when used at fairly large coffee houses, auditoriums, churches and others because of its proprietary Waveguide technology that allows sound to be delivered horizontally at a 160-degree angle.
Definitely, it’s perfect for anyone who tends to be on the move all the time. Weighing only 26 pounds, taking it from the stage to the vehicle and vice versa is trouble-free. Because it is by JBL, which is a trusted audio equipment manufacturer, the speaker is ideal for brand-conscious consumers who want nothing but reliable audio quality.
What Customers are Saying
First things first: a lot of consumers are happy with the sound quality of the JBL EON610. The presence of 5-way user-definable equalizers helps the speaker to impress further. They also love the presence of various input and output possibilities, making the EON610 highly versatile. However, a lot of consumers were surprised to learn that the speaker’s Bluetooth technology cannot be used for streaming audio — it’s there solely for controlling the speaker remotely.
The Bottom Line
Without a doubt, the JBL EON610 is a great performer. It’s also compact and lightweight, allowing for easy transport. However, it’s nothing like other Bluetooth speakers that can be used with Bluetooth-enabled audio sources.