Our Thoughts on the Audio-Technica AT-LP60
If right now you’re thinking about getting your hands on the Audio-Technica AT-LP60, read on. Below we will talk about some of the most important things that you have to know about this turntable. And when you reach the end of this quick review, we hope that you have a much better idea on whether or not you should get it.
No one can blame you for planning on getting the AT-LP60. That’s because it’s from one of the most reputable manufacturers of audio equipment on the face of the planet. However, aside from the brand name it carries, the unit can also impress with its features. Some of those that really got our attention include:
- Fully-automatic playback. With the Audio-Technica AT-LP60, there’s no need for you to exert a lot of effort whenever you wish to listen to music. Thanks to the turntable’s fully-automatic playback feature, it gently places the stylus on your record and takes the tonearm back to its starting point after.
- Various connectivity choices. Using the AT-LP60 with your favorite audio components is trouble-free because it comes with an assortment of connectivity options. For instance, you can have it connected to powered speakers and stereo receivers via RCA output cables.
- Belt-drive design. Nothing can leave an audiophile feeling anxious more than hearing noise generated by a turntable while it’s in use. Well, the Audio-Technica AT-LP60 can keep that from happening courtesy of its belt-drive design that leaves the platter impervious to motor vibrations. The presence of a belt-drive design is especially advantageous if what you want is to hear nothing but the clearest audio.
What We Like
The DJs and music lovers in us were pleased the moment that we gave the AT-LP60 a test run. There are many features that it offers, but the following are the ones that we really like about the unit:
- Easy operation. At the end of a long and exhausting day, we just want to kick off our shoes and listen to our favorite songs. Well, this Audio-Technica offering makes that possible as operating it is trouble-free. This is especially true because of its fully-automatic playback feature.
- Removable hinged cover. One of the nicest things about the AT-LP60 is that its design perfectly combines old-school charm with modern-day allure. And to allow you to gawk at its appearance even when it’s not in use, it comes with a transparent dust cover. It’s hinged to the unit to keep you from losing it, but it can also be removed if you don’t want it getting in the way especially when the party is in full swing.
- Digitization feature. Records can be played on turntables only. Audio-Technica addresses this by allowing you to convert your favorite records into MP3 and other digital audio file formatting. Equipped with your PC or Mac, you can digitize your records so that you may be able to enjoy them using your mobile devices.
Who is This Product Best Suited To
Because it’s made by Audio-Technica, which is a reputable manufacturer of audio equipment, you can expect nothing but high-quality audio reproduction. The fact that it features a belt-drive design means that it’s geared towards audiophiles, too. The AT-LP60 is also recommended for individuals who want no-frills music listening.
One look and it’s easy to see that the Audio-Technica AT-LP60 doesn’t come with all the bells and whistles found in most other turntables. Needless to say, hardcore DJs may find that using the turntable won’t be enough to make a massive impact. It’s more suited for casual music listeners and staunch record collectors.
What Customers are Saying
A lot of customers cannot find anything bad about the AT-LP60, especially those who have always wanted to get their hands on a basic turntable that can produce high-quality sound without breaking the bank. However, some people who bought this Audio-Technica turntable say that they would probably be happier with their purchase if the unit packed a few other features. And also, some are unhappy with the fact that it’s only capable of 33 1/3 and 45 RPM speeds.
The Bottom Line
It’s likely for you to love the Audio-Technica AT-LP60 if you want a basic turntable that allows you to enjoy your records. There are no innovative features on the turntable that can make DJs jump up and down, but the things it has are more than enough to keep audiophiles satisfied.