Our Thoughts on the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3
There’s more to the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 other than the fact that it looks like a cool and professional DJ mixing gear. So before you get your hands on this product, keep on reading — below we will talk about what we really love about this piece of equipment and a bunch of other things!
Numark is a US company known to dish out a wide variety of audio essentials, ranging from headphones, speakers and of course DJ tools. Because of its specialization in the industry, it has managed to pack some noteworthy features into the Mixtrack Pro 3. Some of those that are on the top of the list include:
- Dual deck. Mixing is one of the things that DJs are expected to do. Thanks to a couple of decks fitted onto the compact and lightweight body of the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3, it can be trouble-free for a DJ to meet expectations. Having a pair of decks means that there are 2 jog wheels on the unit, each one has an impressive diameter of 5 inches.
- Prime Loops toolkit. Getting your DJ experience started should not leave you scratching your head. That’s because the Mixtrack Pro 3 comes with free sample packs from Prime Loops, a specialist when it comes to unique audio samples and other DJing sonic essentials.
- Various output options. Sky is practically the limit when it comes to connecting the Mixtrack Pro 3 by Numark to an assortment of equipment. For instance, there are a couple of outputs for headphones. Then there is another one that allows you to connect the unit seamlessly to powered speakers, PA systems and more.
What We Like
Numark designed and engineered the Mixtrack Pro 3 with DJs, professionals and upcoming alike, in mind. It’s for this reason why there’s a bevy of useful features that can be found on the product. We really love that it has:
- Multifunction pads. Each of the 2 decks boasts of a total of 8 programmable pads that allow the user to have total control over his or her audio masterpieces. And by the way, the pads light up in various colors, thus allowing the DJ to make every performance more eye-popping.
- DJ software included. Are you like most DJs who rely on Serato to impress their audience? Then you’ll be happy to learn that the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 is fully compatible with the said software. A purchase of the product includes the Serato DJ Lite software. Unfortunately, upgrading the software to the pro version for access to advanced features doesn’t come free of charge.
- Portable. It’s true that the Mixtrack Pro 3 packs just about everything that seasoned and newbie DJs will need to make their gigs worthy of being talked about. The good thing is that it lets DJs enjoy an array of features without weighing them down. Yes, it’s compact and lightweight enough to be taken from gig to gig.
Who is This Product Best Suited To
Definitely, the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 is ideal for DJs who credit Serato for their ability to make parties and other events far from being boring. It’s ideal for those who don’t mind using the Serato DJ Lite software at first, and then later on shelling out money to have it upgraded to the pro version.
Whether you are a professional DJ or just a DJ in your own right, the unit is likely to keep you driven to make spanking tracks. The product allows you to be in control fully courtesy of the massive jog wheels, crossfader, filter controls, browsing switches and others — all of which are neatly laid out on its compact body.
What Customers are Saying
Customers who bought the Mixtrack Pro 3 by Numark can’t stop raving about the fact that they were able to procure such a feature-packed mixing deck without ending up broke. Do take note that the said customers range from experienced DJs to newbies. However, some are unhappy that the Serato software the unit comes with is just the lite version, although the availability of plenty of Prime Loops sample packs kind of makes up for it.
The Bottom Line
DJs who are on a budget and are huge fans of Serato and Prime Loops will feel that the compact Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 is more than enough to make them make a huge impact.