Our Thoughts on the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
Make sure that you don’t stop reading this very quick review until you have reached the very end. Below we will discuss some of the most important matters that you need to know about Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro before you decide to purchase it for your music making or listening needs.
Beyerdynamic is a popular German manufacturer of top-notch audio equipment. Because it’s been around since the 1920s, it’s no wonder why it knows what consumers are looking for in headphones. That being said, let us quickly discuss some of the top features of the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro:
- Open-back design. One of the perks of using headphones with an open-back design is that the user gets to enjoy clearer and more spacious audio. What’s more, unnecessary pressure buildup can be kept to a minimum, thus allowing for a more comfortable use even for extended periods. Because the DT-990 Pro has an open-back and over-ear design at the same time, user comfort and enjoyment are its top priorities.
- Professional sound. It’s not just the designing of the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro that allows it to impress with its sound quality, but also the way sound reproduction itself is engineered. This is why this pair of headphones is geared towards those who are tasked with mastering, mixing and editing audio.
- One-sided cable. More and more people are going wireless to eliminate clutter and accidents. Even though the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro is a wired pair of headphones, it helps reduce hitches associated with dangling cables by attaching a cable to just one of its ear cups. Sadly, the cable that extends from one ear cup only isn’t detachable just like in many of today’s earphones.
What We Like
One of the main things that we like about the DT-990 Pro is that it comes from a reputable manufacturer of audio equipment — Beyerdynamic. Other than that, we also like the following about the headphones:
- Comfortable wear. Beyerdynamic is not only after delighting the eardrums, but also keeping the ears comfy. The DT-990 is able to do that by having ear cups that rest around the ears instead of on them. What’s more, the product uses velour ear pads that allow for superb ventilation. And by the way, the ear cups themselves swing to provide the most comfortable experience regardless of the shape of the user’s head.
- Durable construction. The product’s ear cups may be made of plastic alright. However, everything else is out of steel. It’s exactly because of this why the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro can last for a long time, especially if it’s provided with the love and care that it deserves.
- Cool design. As soon as you place the DT-990 Pro on your head, you will surely make heads turn towards your direction. That’s because it has a really striking design that exudes the perfect balance between classic and cutting-edge. Beyerdynamic’s wide range of audio products is generally known to have eye-catching designs.
Who is This Product Best Suited To
The Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro is intended for consumers who engage in mastering, mixing and editing audio. That’s because of the way it produces sound, which is influenced primarily by its physical design. However, some DJs may consider the lack of swiveling ear cups usually present in monitoring headphones as a downside.
Anyone who engages in casual music listening and consumption of various media is likely to enjoy the use of the DT-990 because it’s comfortable to wear. Such is courtesy of the product’s over-ear design coupled with open-back ear cups, not to mention its use of velour instead of the usual leather ear pads.
What Customers are Saying
Customers love that the Beyerdynamic DT-990 is a complete standout not only because of the way it looks but also how it’s designed to produce audio. Most of them confirm that the velour ear pads allow for extended use without causing much heat buildup and discomfort. However, some consumers are unhappy with a couple of things: the absence of a detachable cable and the inability of the product to be folded for portability and space-saving purposes.
The Bottom Line
Because of the way the Beyerdynamic DT-990 is designed, it is able to provide the kind of audio quality experts in the music industry as well as casual music lovers want.